Frequently Asked Questions
- Why the name Galeryst? A gallerist is a person who owns an art gallery or exhibits artwork. Galeryst is homophone for gallerist spelling it like one of the first immersive 3D computer games from 1993, Myst.
- How many pieces of art can I have in my gallery?
- Each subscription plan has between 1 and 30 galleries.
- Each gallery has between 2 and 12 wings, depending on the plan.
- Each wing has up between 1 and 7 spaces, depending on the plan.
- Depending on the arrangement of the panels, a space can have up to 40 pieces of art.
- The maximum number of artworks for each plan are listed on the Choose a plan page.
- Do you support asset catalogs besides Adobe Photoshop Lightroom? Not yet.
- Can I subscribe to Galeryst in my region? Galeryst uses the Stripe commerce platform and here are the supported regions.
- Can I use Galeryst with Adobe Lightroom Classic? No, Galeryst only works with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (the cloud version)
- Can I use a free trial of Adobe Photoshop Lighroom to create a gallery? Yes, you can create the gallery while using a free trial. If you end the trial without subscribing to Lightroom, your gallery will still work, though you will not be able to modify it and for free starter plan galleries, high-resolution images will not show when clicked in the gallery.
- Can I use other authentication providers besides Adobe ID? Not yet.
- Can I use my own gallery model? No.
- Can I have 3D artwork in my gallery? No.
- Is Galeryst open source? No.
- What is the technology behind Galeryst? This article describes the technology that Galeryst is built with.
- How long did it take to build Galeryst? A few months.
- Can the 3D quality of the galleries be improved with better lighting and shadows? Definitely, as this is an area that we want to improve, but many of methods involve creating individual textures for each model which adds to storage cost. We would love to find procedural texture methods that add quality without degrading performance and needing to save individual textures.
- I have videos in my Lightroom albums. Why don't they play back? Adobe has not enabled video downloads from Lightroom yet like they do with images.
Why do I need to reauthenticate with my Adobe ID every two weeks? Free starter plan Galeryst users can create a gallery from their Adobe Lightroom albums. When the gallery is created, a thumbnail version of each artwork is saved to the Galeryst site along with the information from Lightroom that you entered about that artwork. The thumbnails are used to provide the basic gallery viewing experince where visitors can see your artwork displayed in the gallery. When a visitor is browsing your gallery and the visitor clicks on an image, Galeryst requests a higher resolution version of the image directly from the Lightroom service. To provide the image, Galeryst must authenticate the creator of the gallery with Adobe and Adobe only provides a 2-week authentication period. If the authentication lapses, the higher resolution version is not shown. The authentication period can be restarted if the gallery creator signs in again on Galeryst.
If you upgrade to one of the paid plans, one of the benefits is that the high resoultion images are saved on Galeryst and you don't need to reauthenticate every two weeks, but only when you want to create or modify a gallery. If you're fine with your gallery using the thumbnail version, then you don't need to reauthenticate with your Adobe ID.
- Who built Galeryst? A very small team.
- What Browsers does Galeryst work on?
Galeryst has been tested most heavily on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. On Apple Mac you need Safari 15.1 or later.